Personal branding is key to your success and LinkedIn is an excellent tool to help you achieve that. Let’s look at 8 ways to maximize your LinkedIn and your personal branding.
1. Make the Most of your Profile When you communicate with others on the site, your profile will speak for you. Don’t just upload any photo, upload a good photo. Make sure you completely fill out your profile.
2. Build Your Contacts When you first join LinkedIn you need to build your contact base. Connect present and past colleagues along with your alumni from your university or college.
3. Recommendations Recommendations are very important. In fact, it is one of the most powerful tools that LinkedIn has to offer. That’s because people recognize recommendations as sincere and trustworthy.
4. Use Groups There are three ways you can use groups: lead generation, increase your LinkedIn profile development, and personal development by learning from others.
5. Promoting Events Using LinkedIn to promote your events is a very wise move. You can easily target your audience and you can spread your information quickly all the while establishing your personal brand.
6. Use Your Status Updates The LinkedIn status updates are not used to their full potential. However, that’s been changing a little bit thanks to the integration of Twitter with your LinkedIn profile, a move that was much needed. Update your LinkedIn profile with relevant blog posts and news. When you use your status updates wisely they can play an integral role in your person branding.
7. Using Applications LinkedIn offers a very good learning center to help you get the most out of the various apps that are available including the best way to go about creating your personal bonding.
8. Networking for Lead Generation When you take full advantage of the tools LinkedIn offers you can build a powerful personal brand. It will not take as long as you might think, and it is worth every bit of time you put into it.
A LinkedIn for Business course will help you nail your LinkedIn strategy and accelerate results. The Australian Digital Marketing Institute (ADMi) offers convenient fundamental three hour courses, with a 30 minute follow-up consultation included. Learn how to build a complete profile, optimise it for search results, and the secrets of using LinkedIn to get more customers.
Get in touch direct with ADMi's LinkedIn Coach, Nathanial Bibby at email@example.com or 1300 130 713.
Share this article: 8 Ways to Maximize Your LinkedIn and Your Personal Branding
Over to You. What do You Think? Post Your Comments Below. [Note to those seeking a free ride on our google ranking, blog spam will be deleted, but genuine contributions will be happily approved.]
Promote Your Business on our Facebook Fan Page
To send this article to a friend, click on the envelope below.